My new Hobby.

Non members can enter here but to read only.
Describe your non biking hobby here (keep it clean) and post a few pics if applicable but please make sure they are not massive and don't overload it with pics

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Old wobbler
The Bandit Killer

Re: My new Hobby.

Post by Old wobbler »

novocaine wrote: ...as for TT, i've done a few in my time, normally 10 milers, I placed ok when i was younger getting in around the 25 mark quite often, managed a 23 which put me in the top 20. tempted to go back into it next year (can catch the last race of manchester district if i'm quick)

sod the lot of them wobbley, ride till you cant any more.
I wish I could get to the 25 mark but thats in my dreams. As for riding till I cant, thats probably next year with the way my knee's are :))
Old Wobbler

..... One day, when there was only a few left, I was lucky......
Old wobbler
The Bandit Killer

Post by Old wobbler »

Sadly a ruptured medial horn of my meniscus put pay to my cycling and cricket in 2014.

I managed 29.32 for 10 miles 3 days after the injury, rode in absolute pain for the whole ride. The TT bike is sat in the garage never to be ridden again. The same injury claimed by Kent league cricket and my place in the Kent 50+ squad. I did get injured in the semi final and was allowed to be 12th man in the HOme counties final that Kent beat Surry to be champions in 2014. I was also allowed to collect a winners medal which I am very proud of.
Old Wobbler

..... One day, when there was only a few left, I was lucky......
pegscratch
Who am i?: Just another old guy that likes to go fast! Originally a Geordie, but too manyyears in the colonies, I only speak Canadian now

Post by pegscratch »

Over here we have a term for you guys in Lycra! M.A.M.I.L.'s - Middle aged men in Lycra!

The roads are too bad where I live and my body couldn't take the abuse put through the 700c tires @ 100 psi.
I do still try to get out on the trails.
Nice to be on a Suzuki again!! 1996 RF on it's way to be my long distance tourer!
2012 Speed TripleR for the hooligan in me!