A Little bike ride.

Non members can enter here but to read only.
Describe your non biking hobby here (keep it clean) and post a few pics if applicable but please make sure they are not massive and don't overload it with pics

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

novocaine

Re: A Little bike ride.

Post by novocaine »

yep, thats about the slack head angle i'm after for a nice relaxed ride over winter.

last winter, different tyres and gearing now (pesky peak district and your big hills)
Weir out on one by i-novocaine, on Flickr
jaz66 wrote:Carbon fibre....It's just corduroy for vehicles.... :))
Batmancaver

Re: A Little bike ride.

Post by Batmancaver »

I think I'll stick with my Marin Wolf Ridge full susser.
Generally I keep the rear suss of 4" of travel for convenience but on occassion I have upped it to it's full 6" travel. Boy does that soak up the bumps going down but the problem is the bob sucks most of the energy when you then hit the ups and have to start pedalling!

When I next change bikes I'll probably find a nice full suss XC with lockout and anti-bob on it!

I've no intention of swapping just yet, especially after just swapping a few damaged bits this week, that was my Xmas present early I think!!

I'll be out with the family this weekend for a smaller ride. I need to find somewhere that's really nice and muddy for the kids to get stuck in! Lots of choice in the Clwydians for that and I know some really nice boggy patches!