RF OWNERS CLUB

For RF900, 600 and 400 Owners (and any Biker who wants to join us)
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Distractions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:54 pm 
The Gatekeeper

Dont get roped into costly deals from net experts.. and any of this we'll get you top of Google bolox.. Thats easy - Pay Google.

You can do your own quite easily.. Some are not a lot different from creating posts on a forum..

and there are plenty of free ones..

Wordpress etc

or even just good old Google.. If you have a Gmail account you have a pile of webspace to use for free, and make a pile of sites.

Thers loads of vids on youtube

Theres even a Google web site builder tool of you want to go mad with it..
https://www.google.com/webdesigner/index.html

I remember the days of a penny a min dial up - back then every account gave yo web space to make a web using frontpage express. I had loads of rubbish ones :)) but it was fun..

But now you can just do it with google.

Good thing is that you can add google pay to your stuff and flog it online without any hassle. all built in :-bd

I have a site on HH amps from the 70's somewhere, cant find it now x_x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:07 pm 

Thanks for the tips BA, I have never looked at building a website before but don't suppose its much different from setting up a free forum which I have done a couple of times (easy) will definitely look at what google has to offer

Booked in for my carpal tunnel op in a few weeks so wont be able to do too much after that for a while, I thought that was the perfect time to dick about on the net seeing if I can build a website :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:16 am 
The Gatekeeper

slim wrote:
Thanks for the tips BA, I have never looked at building a website before but don't suppose its much different from setting up a free forum which I have done a couple of times (easy) will definitely look at what google has to offer

Easier than that nowadays.. it's all done with their online web builder.. Just add pics and text boxes and it's done.

Great thing about the Google one is that it can use stuff off your Gdrive..

I did read that you can actually use the Gdrive space to hold a website made by hand with frontpage or any old style html tools, if you wanted to.

But the web way is easy enough.

The address for these free sites is pretty naff.. but you can go somewhere like godaddy and fork out a few quid for a .co.uk or whatever..
and then you get a box to put your freebie web address in and it just redirects.. posh names domain forwarding

So it looks like the domain is connected to you..

last .co.uk i got was 3 quid, and just redirected it to my website.

Dont have to be anything fancy - just a page of pics that you can tell people to go look at.

All this Google ranking will give you a headache.. and cost..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:32 pm 

Once again thanks for all the info BA & thanks for the electrical advice too :-bd

The lamp is mostly done, just got to add some rings for the wiring to run through, clean it down & lacquer it, the thing really is a monster at over 6' tall & I reckon once he's added the bulb holder & bulb (E27) its going to be pushing 6'6" :-o

Just sent the folk who asked for it some pics, cant get a pic of the whole thing really so had to photo separate sections, lets hope they like it so far :-s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm 

The monster, I haven't done anything that big in a very long while, just waiting for the lacquer to arrive then its done & gone :)

While I was waiting for various bits to cool I got bored so knocked this up, if you remember I said I didn't particularly like the lights I made before as they were not my idea, this was & I like it a lot, it adjusts nice & smoothly, cant wait to get it wired up :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:44 pm 
The Gatekeeper

Wow.. behemoth :-o

I like them both :-bd

Thats a great little desklamp :-bd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:50 pm 

Cheers BA :-bd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 am 

I stuck a G4 led in the little lamp & fired it up off a 9v battery for a few seconds, its surprisingly bright :) just waiting on wire, a switch & plug thing to arrive then will get it sold

As I like the lamp I made a bigger version that's a bit different & holds 2 of the same G4 led's not tried that yet but expect it to be pretty good, a few have seen it & like that one too, could have sold both as is yesterday but want to see them properly finished first

Below are the last two side tables I made to very specific sizes & finish for a lady that picked them up yesterday, difficult to photograph but I'm sure you get the idea, she & her old man were really chuffed & now she is thinking about a coffee table to match :)

In other news the people that ordered the monster lamp are pissing me around, they love it & its exactly what they asked for but they have made no attempt to pick it up or more importantly pay for the sodding thing and its in my way X(
Trying to hold my tongue on that one as its a mates daughter but I feel an explosion coming on soon & it wont be pretty ! its not like they are short of a few quid !
I could have sold it more than once & might just do that anyway then tell them to feck off when they ask about it, one thing is certain I wont be making them anything else whatever happens & I wont be doing anymore work on their big posh house either ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:52 am 
Exhaust Technician

Wouldn’t cut that tie with the client that not paid. Wait it out. Thy are the kind of people you could get more work off from people who visit them and see your work the. Say oh I want something like that. You will just have to say things in a polite but firm way

Item now finished as you know, would like to know when you will be collecting and paying. Sooner rather than later. And if not picked up within a week I have other interest in it so will have to sell it on.

Kind regards slim

Words to that effect perhaps . :))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:48 pm 

:)) Mike you've gone all sensible on me :-o :))

Its good advice mate but I'm stuggling to keep my temper to be honest, its the attitude I find annoying, IE feck him, he can wait, typical of a lot of folk that were born in the gutter then made a shed load of money by possibly nefarious means, I should have known better than to do anything for them again

I have told them its done, that I need paying for it & even that don't mind delivering it to them ............ response zero !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next