Hobbies.....

Non members can enter here but to read only.
Describe your non biking hobby here (keep it clean) and post a few pics if applicable but please make sure they are not massive and don't overload it with pics

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Old wobbler
The Bandit Killer

Re: Hobbies.....

Post by Old wobbler »

Thats a great shot by the way.

You can see the lead in the air but its too high, my right hand is too high, the rod is snaking which is bad also and i'm looking at my shoulder than where I should be aiming. BUt that's the perfectionist in me.
Old Wobbler

..... One day, when there was only a few left, I was lucky......
slim

Post by slim »

I didn't even know this sport existed so am finding this interesting, fishing in any form doesn't appeal to me but this does after watching a few video's I'm impressed

Although I know nothing about it, if my body wasn't so knackered I could well be giving this a try just to see how hard it really is
never surrender !
Old wobbler
The Bandit Killer

Post by Old wobbler »

There is a world championship in casting, would you believe. England are sending a team out to the championship in Italy, held in June this year. There is also a 'light line' championship with weights as light as 7.5 grams.

It's expensive to go to, casters are drug tested and the prize money is just a medal and kudos.
Old Wobbler

slim

Post by slim »

I believe you mate a quick search says the kit can be damn expensive as well :-o

Its the same scenario as when I used to shoot (air rifles) I could have gone to Europe a few times but simply couldn't justify the expense for nothing more than a tin pot & I already got a few of those :))
never surrender !
Old wobbler
The Bandit Killer

Post by Old wobbler »

A full competition reel can be as much as £600. I use basic fishing reels with custom aircraft aluminum cages, specialized spools with ceramic bearings inside, so about £200 a pop. Some of my reels are nearly 30 years old and will cast as far as some guys with modern expensive kit.

Here's a few of my reels....Image [/img]
Old Wobbler