Bike of the Month - June 2010 - Sparky's RF900

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - June 2010 - Sparky's RF900

Post by Drac »

BIKE OF THE MONTH – JUNE 2010 - SPARKY’S RF900

Well, for me I had grown up around bikes as my dad had an RF in 1999, a repossession, and it had only 1000 miles on the clock when he got her.

I loved the way it looked but as I grew up I thought I’d never get one. I started off on a little GS125, which I never looked after and blew it up.

I bought an EN125, which I liked, then passed my test and got a GPZ500, which I hated.

Just as I had my compensation, from being knocked off my EN, I bought my RF900, six months after passing my test.

I remember picking it up swapping insurance over from my GPZ to my rf9 but I was scared of it as I had never had a big bike before and was like a kid at Xmas.

Only managed 50mph but it was one hell of a machine. I’ve now had the bike a little over 12 months now and my confidence has grown.

I think I made the right choice when I chose the RF900 as I had a choice between the RF9 and a ZX9 and the RF just seemed to tick all the right boxes, looking more appealing and with a back end I loved.

My first mod was my Quill T3 race can then I put my yellow wheel tape but in November last year she was knocked over by some idiot in a car park.

With the help of RFOC Members and fleabay, she is nearly right again.

All I can say about the RF900 is “what a bike” mine is 13 years old with 39,000 miles on the clock - but it never misses a beat.

bigtom

Re: Bike of the Month - June 2010 - Sparky's RF900

Post by bigtom »

looking good sparks, well looked after mate :-bd :-bd
Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Post by Drac »

If I were you, I would either paint that screen black or swap it with someone who wants a red screen and has a clear or black one?
cling on

Post by cling on »

Drac wrote:If I were you, I would either paint that screen black or swap it with someone who wants a red screen and has a clear or black one?
Agree there, smoked black would look better but not in the market for a screen so sorry m8 even though my bike is red!