Bike of the Month - Musicmans ZX9R C2 - November 2010

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Steve.J.W

Re: Bike of the Month - Musicmans ZX9R C2 - November 2010

Post by Steve.J.W »

antwan64 wrote:Thanks for that summary :)

Those are all the bikes I've been contemplating, all except the blackbird it doesn't seem as DIY friendly.

The only other one that makes surprising sense is a ZX12r with a jack up kit and renthal bars with handle bar risers :mrgreen: but this snow is dissuading me from that :-ss

I'm always abit surprised how genuinely good the RF is not only for a budget bike but in general, it does well at keeping the missus happy and stops me buying new toys!

Ha, ha .. know the feeling, women don't usually understand us lads need our toys. :lol:

Though .. I'm lucky, I've got a great lass, who's also very understanding and she likes bikes ... best of both worlds. :D

As for the Blackbird, having ridden both versions, I was tempted to get one .. my brother in law (Mall) had one of the last carb models, in a lovely cherry red, full history and 24'301 on the clock. I can confirm, they are a sod to service .. the RF9 is years ahead in accessibillity, especially to the engine / carbs. That's what makes servicing cheaper, as it's quicker. :-bd

Yes the blackbird is a great bike, great build quality ... but it knacked my wrists and shoulders.
I could of purchased Mally's, as he'd offered me his, for the amazing price of £1'500.00 which would of been a steal at that price. In the end, to keep the peace, I offered to sell it for him and obtained £2'750.00, to be fair to him, I'd of only sold it on and made a profit, I even told him!

But being Mall, he offered me a nice little bonus for selling it for him .. £150.00 for ten mins work, as it sold within a few minutes of being on eBay. :D Add to that, I'd already made my mind up to purchase an RF9 and got one, which is the main reason for not getting the bird!

The ZX12R is another kettle of fish .. it'll rip your arms off, it's fast as f**k, doesn't like slow town riding, so commuting on it is a no, no! It likes watching the clouds go by as it hurtles it's self and the rider into oblivion. Where as the ZZR1200 is slightly toned down, more user friendly and passengers tend to like the seat position. :-bd

Your choice mate ... if I were to get another sports tourer that's a bit more up to date, then I'd go for the ZZR1200, great ride and pretty easy to service and prices are slowly coming down, making them more accessible to the likes of me and others, on a budget! :ympeace:

Couple of pics of the bird that I sold for Mall..