Favourite Rides: A65 Skipton - Kirkby lonsdale

Non members can enter here but to read only.
Write your favourite routes for a ride out here.

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Gubble

Favourite Rides: A65 Skipton - Kirkby lonsdale

Post by Gubble »

My old sunday run out to the very famous devil's bridge.

Ok i don't live up there anymore, but this was the road that i cut my teeth on.

Start off in Skipton (McDonalds does cheap coffee & cheap food). Head out for 42 miles till you hit Kirkby Lonsdale and Devil's Bridge.

Watch out for the Grey VW Golf GTI/Blue Imprezza on the Settle bypass. This road is notorious for police and it's far too easy to go very fast on it (i'm sure Bradlad will confirm this).

I went to school in Kirkby Lonsdale, so as a boy it was always my dream to turn up at devil's bridge on a big sportsbike on a sunday morning.
Bradlad

Re: Favourite Rides: A65 Skipton - Kirkby lonsdale

Post by Bradlad »

Yip, this is one of the best roads in the country..

The Settle bypass is very dodgy, its a long sweeping curve with laybys and our beloved boys in blue can see you long before you see them...

As a nice little stop off, theres a pub on the tight bend in Helifield called the Black Horse, you can get a decent meal and a drink for a fiver.. well worth a stop.

We will be going this way to Morecombe later in the Year, but I'm sure we will be having a ride that way before then.
Helping 1 person wont change the world,however it will change the world for that one person

Steve.J.W

Post by Steve.J.W »

Gubble wrote:My old sunday run out to the very famous devil's bridge.

Ok i don't live up there anymore, but this was the road that i cut my teeth on.

Start off in Skipton (McDonalds does cheap coffee & cheap food). Head out for 42 miles till you hit Kirkby Lonsdale and Devil's Bridge.

Watch out for the Grey VW Golf GTI/Blue Imprezza on the Settle bypass. This road is notorious for police and it's far too easy to go very fast on it (i'm sure Bradlad will confirm this).

I went to school in Kirkby Lonsdale, so as a boy it was always my dream to turn up at devil's bridge on a big sportsbike on a sunday morning.
Also a big favourite, great for a dip in the river... :lol: Usually ride up to Hawes and the brill Buttertubbs and on up to Tan Hill Inn from there ... proper biking roads. :-bd
katanarama

Post by katanarama »

Been to skipton many times on holiday and round north Yorkshire in general as my mum comes from up there.
Always wanted to take the bike up on those roads.
The MAC Donalds is at the end of the road where I normally stay.
Stunning scenery up there.
My favorite number of the whole alphabet is purple.
Purdydog

Post by Purdydog »

Done this many times in my yoof from Bradford.
Always brought a smile to my face my KR1 (RIP) and later an early CBR600.

Maybe I'll repeat someday on my RF400 but it be a trek getting there from Exeter!! I bet teh traffics horrendous ther now.

Worth following the A30 and roman road up though.