My Favourite Grand Day Out.....238 miles +

Non members can enter here but to read only.
Write your favourite routes for a ride out here.

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

b00geyman

My Favourite Grand Day Out.....238 miles +

Post by b00geyman »

A circular route, that takes me from the lowlands up into the highlands and back again. great roads, great places, never too far away from a petrol station and lots of places to stop and stuff my face.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... F8&t=h&z=9

Its a long day, ideally suited to the long days of summer with an early morning start and taking plenty of rest breaks...a brew and a scone :D. Can be done clockwise or anticlockwise and I love it.

Kit.
Finbar

Re: My Favourite Grand Day Out.....238 miles +

Post by Finbar »

Sounds a great day. I'm very envious... :thumright:
madsod
Cop Magnet

Post by madsod »

looks, hell of a nice ride just a shame its so far from Bristol
I have two RF 900 my green one and the orange bike that i built from bit's i now call it Wotsits , my other ride is a gsxr 1000 k3 , Suzuki make's bikes most others don't
suzukigoof

Post by suzukigoof »

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=31.439 ... h&hl=en-GB

try this one mate. Its a wee bit longer but well worth it. I hate that A9 with a passion and stay off it as much as possible plus these other roads are ssssssooooooo good @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) (but don't tell everybody :-$ :-$ ) :)) :))
JUST RIDE IT
suzukigoof

Post by suzukigoof »

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 04&t=h&z=9

sorry that last link was crap just found out how to post it. I think 8-} 8-}
JUST RIDE IT
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

Great route m8, although I would leave the crief to Lochearnhead stretch of the A85 in there :-bd
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
b00geyman

Post by b00geyman »

[quote="suzukigoof"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=31.439 ... h&hl=en-GB

try this one mate. Its a wee bit longer but well worth it. I hate that A9 with a passion and stay off it as much as possible plus these other roads are ssssssooooooo good @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) (but don't tell everybody :-$ :-$ ) :)) :))[/quote

Yeah the A9 can be a real pain at times, but its mucho improved and I find I can make real "progress" before the caravans and lorries choke it up. Best time ever heading North, Left at 7am, was munching brekkie in Aviemore at 9:30....wooo hooo, low flying RF, empty roads, brilliant. And thats when I take a left outa Aviemore/Inverness and do the Speyside trip down to Aberdeen and then the coast rd south before having to take the main roads to Dundee before I can flee into Fife and head west.

B-) B-) Ps. I won't tell anyone :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

b00geyman wrote:
suzukigoof wrote:http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=31.439 ... h&hl=en-GB

try this one mate. Its a wee bit longer but well worth it. I hate that A9 with a passion and stay off it as much as possible plus these other roads are ssssssooooooo good @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) (but don't tell everybody :-$ :-$ ) :)) :))[/quote

Yeah the A9 can be a real pain at times, but its mucho improved and I find I can make real "progress" before the caravans and lorries choke it up. Best time ever heading North, Left at 7am, was munching brekkie in Aviemore at 9:30....wooo hooo, low flying RF, empty roads, brilliant. And thats when I take a left outa Aviemore/Inverness and do the Speyside trip down to Aberdeen and then the coast rd south before having to take the main roads to Dundee before I can flee into Fife and head west.

B-) B-) Ps. I won't tell anyone :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$
You were less than 3 miles from my front door when you crossed the Tay Bridge. could of popped in for a cuppa.
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
suzukigoof

Post by suzukigoof »

gotta watch them folk fae dundee and surrounding areas mate, have the bike out from below ye before ye can say lorraine kelly, or so i've heard...... but maybe thats the slow RED ones...... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
JUST RIDE IT