alternator overcharging

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

grahamfirestorm

Re: alternator overcharging

Post by grahamfirestorm »

Thanks Mike,ive also noticed on my bike the chain tension makes quite a difference too.I used to have it set at 35mm,but its far smoother at 25-27 mm, :handgestures-thumbupleft:
mike-rf600r
Exhaust Technician

Post by mike-rf600r »

I do know what you mean actually about the chain. Mine was worse when sprockets were worn. You changed yours lately?

Just done mine and chain few months ago and it’s lovley hardly ever needs adjusting now and I’m trying to make sure I take better care of it. :lol:
Ride it like you stole it! - Bikes are for life, not just sunny days....
alien937

Post by alien937 »

I set mine at 30mm on the sidestand, when I sit on the bike, there is about 15mm of slack, if I let the chain get to 35mm + the gear changes become a bit clonky

I put a new chain and sprockets on recently with an alloy rear renthal, changed my mind and changed it back to a steel JT sprocket before riding it, thought I'd try some longevity testing :icon-lol:

The jt sprocket is 43t, I had a 45t renthal alloy on the rear before, I think I liked the shorter gearing of the 45t, but if I change back to a 45t now, will I be interfering with chain and sprocket wear too much, probably not, because it's a rear large sprocket, it's not even done 500 miles at the moment.
grahamfirestorm

Yes i changed the chain and sprockets at the beginning of summer,and put a 3 teeth smaller rear on,which is great for fast cruising at 500 rpm less at 70mph,and she still has loads of torque for overtakes.I have just recently fitted a Loobman gravity fed chain oiler,which works and only cost £20.
grahamfirestorm

Hi Mike,have you still got the Yoshi rs3 can?
mike-rf600r
Exhaust Technician

Post by mike-rf600r »

grahamfirestorm wrote:Hi Mike,have you still got the Yoshi rs3 can?
Sold unfortunately mate to Eddie on here, Keep a eye out I get them from time to time, though old wobbler wants one so he has first refusal if/when I get another one. :-bd:
grahamfirestorm

Ok cheers mate :-bd:Any meets coming up before winter comes :P
mike-rf600r
Exhaust Technician

Post by mike-rf600r »

Not sure if any more meets this year I’m afraid. Think last one was bit lack lustre. I must try harder to get to them. Keep eye on the events section if one going on will pop up there.