RF OWNERS CLUB

For RF900, 600 and 400 Owners (and any Biker who wants to join us)
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Larry's Hobbies
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 am 
I wasn't even aware there was a section on here for hobbies but my procrastination has been effortless this last half hour reading through everyone else's topics. So, I'll write a bit about what I get up to.

My oldest hobby is campanology (church bell ringing) which I've been at since I was the tender age of 10! It's a pass-time nobody ever seems to consider, but I certainly recommend having a go, it's more difficult and engaging than it looks or sounds!

I love martial arts in almost any shape or form, and I currently practice Tae kwon-do, Kung Fu, Tai-chi, Ju-jutsu, western kickboxing and standard boxing (with the gloves). Have had a go at Karate, Judo and Kendo also but never really got along with them somehow! Started my first martial art (Karate) at age 6, left for a while then got back into it age 10 when I tried Tae kwon-do. Going along with this theme I meditate, and get down the gym a couple of times a week if I can as well.

I like to read, usually have 2 or 3 books on the go at any one time, and these usually are either fantasy novels, autobiographies or historical books.

And when I'm not doing any of that or working, I ride my bike any time it's dry and I'm free :)