Bike of the month - September 2011 - MIVI from Tony V

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the month - September 2011 - MIVI from Tony V

Post by Drac »

This is Mivi, she is a MY 2010 MV Agusta F4 in Titanium and red. She is the newest addition
to my garage, arriving in September 2010.

I am a born again rider, finding my seat again in 2008 with Fred, which as most
of you will know was a free gift from a very good friend. I had started to save
for a bike a couple of years earlier, so fred allowed me to save for a bit longer
without having to miss out on the road.

I have dreamed of owning a MV Agusta since a boy, but it had always been just that,
a dream probably never to be realised. Then after spending 28 years in the Military
and finding myself in a better paid job, I was able to save (although secretly) at a
faster rate. Once the credit crunch hit, it became apparent that any savings in the
Bank were actually losing money, rather than earning it with interest, so Carol and I
made a decision to treat ourselves to the things we have wanted for years. Carol
bought a little rag top MG and we agreed that I would save for a MV Agusta. Late
in 2010, MV Agusta released their interest free finance deal, which was too good to
pass, and the rest is history.

She is a completely different animal to the RF900, but, horses for courses and all that.
The RF is a fantastic Sports tourer, this is an all out fang and is a pure pleasure to ride.
The acceleration is frightening 0-60 in around 3 seconds and the top speed staggering
at about 187 ish MPH. However, I do not go anywhere near those performance measurements
so it is all a bit superfluous really.

Mivi is the bike I ride for a short enjoyable blast, while Fred is my longer ride. I get the same
amount of pleasure from both machines, but in differing ways. I try to ride each bike an equal
amount throughout the year.

Although I love to ride both bikes, I get a real buz out of just standing and looking at them both,
and who could blame me, they are beautiful I am sure you will agree.

Cheers guys, Ride safe,

Tony V
rf ro
Domino King

Re: Bike of the month - September 2011 - MIVI from Tony V

Post by rf ro »

that is a really nice bike m8 but i have to pull you up on one point :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D quote I do not go anywhere near those performance measurements[
give i a go m8 i will clear out the soot =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :cheers:
you can't make an omelette without breaking BREAKING eggs
alien937

Post by alien937 »

Yes! Gorgeous machine, i'd rather have an MV over a Ducati, even the Radial valve system is a work of Art! You can keep ya R1's & Blades etc, MV is Steeped in Racing heritage and Class! I want one! \m/
RfGirl

Post by RfGirl »

:D That MV is just gorgious.. Ive even say me erse on it when we met up wae Tony a while back... a most worthy bike of the month!! and The Rf is a cracker too.. cleanest one I have seen yet. :-bd
shandy

Post by shandy »

Lush =p~ Those gotta be the best pipes I've ever seen! Think the decal looks really good and was a great idea 8-)
br8n

Post by br8n »

Two lovely bikes, really envious, would be quite happy just to have the rf9 :-bd
Woody

Post by Woody »

I get a real buz out of just standing and looking at them both
The pic is enough to get me drooling ^:)^
Finbar

Post by Finbar »

As I've said before, That should be in an art gallery. :-bd %%-
bigtom

Post by bigtom »

top notch engineering on both bikes,if i had them i wouldnt spend much time looking at them ;) ;) :-bd :-bd \m/ \m/