Bike of the Month - December 2008 - DAVE HACKETTS RF900

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - December 2008 - DAVE HACKETTS RF900

Post by Drac »

This months bike is dghackett's RF900

Dave writes "Well Thanks very much, thats made me smile. I am a bit lost as to what to say really as I have not ridden it as much as I would have liked. Here goes:

Basically, bought R351 LAP on a whim. I had actually viewed a 2003 1200 Bandit but the RF900 caught my eye. It was £500 more than the Bandit BUT it was imaculate.

Very low miles and the nail on the head was I had always thought the RF was a fantastic looking motorcycle.

I bought it on a whim, not even road testing before the purchase. On my first ride I knew that I had made the right decision. The power delivery is very linear and there is masses of power.

The longest rides I have been on are to the RF bike meet at Newbury and two trips to Avonmouth (340m approx return).

I have fitted an alarm and heated grips to it. I have found that I do not really need the heated grips as the aerodynamics deflect most of the cold air away from your hands.

I have only just started using my winter gloves.

When finances allow I intend to fit a tail tidy and handle bar risers.

I am eagerly looking forward to the BIG RF meet next year and the time / money to ride the RF everywhere.

Oh! yes just one more thing, I wish to change the Avons to Bridgestones asap as either they are talking too much (for me) or are quite loose in the wet"

Drac writes - Many thanks for that Dave and Merry Christmas to you and your family from all at your "other" family - the RFOC !!