The Enterprise

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

jymbo
Club Smartie

The Enterprise

Post by jymbo »

Found this on London bikers forum dont ask I dont know how or why I ended up there but found this :::
OMG! I always thought that people bought RF's despite the looks. Perhaps because they got it for half price or something... not because they actually liked how it looked :crazy:
Must be a Honda Goldwing rider or something ha ha :))
Just do it
Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Re: The Enterprise

Post by Drac »

ooops who forgot to add the link =))

edited to add that I thought you were referring to a picture but now I have re read what you wrote, I understand
fastfitter
Techy & Electrickery Bod & Official RFOC TV Critic

Post by fastfitter »

I think that "OMG! I always thought that people bought RF's despite the looks. Perhaps because they got it for half price or something... not because they actually liked how it looked :crazy:" should just have been in quotes. ;)

Usual comment from someone who's never owned/ridden an RF. Yeh the looks are a bit strange but being distinctive is good. All these modern ones look the same to me, if I can't see the maker's badge I haven't a clue what it is :-??

How many times have you heard "Wow, an RF. I had one of those, great bike"

I don't think I've ever heard "I had an RF, didn't like it"
Apoc

Post by Apoc »

You're right there FF, when my neighbor moved in I was working on the bike and even without the rear fairings on he turned round to me an said 'Is that an RF, my ol man had one of those and fuckin loved it' also one of my mates road it down the road an back, loved the feel of it and now wants one. Though I do have a mate that rides a zx6 and keeps telling me to put a cbr rear end on, an I keep telling him if I wanted a cbr rear end I'd buy a cbr :roll:
"When all you own is a hammer, every problem starts looking like a nail" Abraham Maslow
madsod
Cop Magnet

Post by madsod »

Like most on hear i have rode a good few bikes over my 38 year on the road and the RF comes at the top , you can do it all on a RF , well apart from of road ,
I have two RF 900 my green one and the orange bike that i built from bit's i now call it Wotsits , my other ride is a gsxr 1000 k3 , Suzuki make's bikes most others don't
jaz66

Post by jaz66 »

madsod wrote:Like most on hear i have rode a good few bikes over my 38 year on the road and the RF comes at the top , you can do it all on a RF , well apart from of road ,
do believe fat rich was about when someone put that to the test, iirc... :-? :-?

=)) =)) =))

but yeah, i had one or two pop over and say.."RF,,i had one of those, lovely bikes "

its a good design, very decent engine, pretty easy to get at all the normal serviceable part,
and as danm's ol bluey shows, pretty modern looking if you get rid of the central body line

fast, easy to service, reliable with only a few weak spots....whats not to love,, :ymparty:
fastfitter
Techy & Electrickery Bod & Official RFOC TV Critic

Post by fastfitter »

jaz66 wrote:fast, easy to service, reliable with only a few weak spots....whats not to love,, :ymparty:
Aw shucks jaz, you're making me blush now ;;) ;;) :ymhug:
jaz66

Post by jaz66 »

fastfitter wrote:
jaz66 wrote:fast, easy to service, reliable with only a few weak spots....whats not to love,, :ymparty:
Aw shucks jaz, you're making me blush now ;;) ;;) :ymhug:

:)) :)) :)) :))

i see what you did there... :D
Jelly
Resident Troll

Post by Jelly »

I never thought the RF was ugly, from any angle.

I still find myself admiring the lines of my old RF, I got a pic of it in my shed. :ymdaydream:

"Now...say my name"

"It's......Heisenberg"

"You're God damn right"
Danoontjepower

Post by Danoontjepower »

being an RF noob myself, i reckon it was one of the best looking bikes from his age...

I had it with my scirocco as well... somewhere, when i was younger (34 now) i had seen some images, the RF when it came to holland, and the scirocco, i didn't even know when i first seen one.

I had never seen a scirocco until i got 19, had a vauxhaul kadett ( dunno how it was cold on the island) Started working in a Disco where a girl worked who owned an 84 1.6 GTI scirocco... i instantly asked what her price was since i wanted that car!!

When i got my bike license recently figuring out which bike i wanted (i reallllly wanted a Old CBR Fireblade 900 with the 2 round headlights) i was driving home from work when i saw something flashing by in the opposite direction instantly remembering my childhood, and the magazine i first laid eyes on an RF. I knew this was going to be the bike i wanted because it was pretty damn goodlooking!!! even for these days!!!!
Fat Rich
Resident Dirty Dancer

Post by Fat Rich »

jaz66 wrote:
madsod wrote:Like most on hear i have rode a good few bikes over my 38 year on the road and the RF comes at the top , you can do it all on a RF , well apart from of road ,
do believe fat rich was about when someone put that to the test, iirc... :-? :-?

=)) =)) =))
Ya, trees and hedges stop it though :-(
Do me a favour?
'What?'
Got Facebook?
'Yes'
Then give my Little business a Like, please:
http://www.facebook.com/mothandmirror
'No problem'
Cheers :-)