Bike of the Month - December 2009 - Miff's RF900

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - December 2009 - Miff's RF900

Post by Drac »

This is my second RF9, my first was a ’95 model which although had 40,000 + on the clock was still a great bike to ride. They are such great bikes and put newer offerings to shame, it was this one that gave me the RF bug but I wanted a minter.

I wanted a bike I would keep for a very long time, so I set about tracking one down. This is the one I found, the bike was standard, apart from the Carbon Micron can. One owner and 8,500 miles with full history. The owner had stuck it on ebay but I manage to convince him to take my cash offer and I collected the bike the next day.

It was in stunning condition, a credit to him, he was a very fastidious person. The bike was 125 mile away, so I bribed a mate to come on the back of the red RF and bring the green one back.

I can still remember the two of us on an RF9 each, coming back up the M1 at 8 o’clock on an October evening touching 150’s, brill, that was three years ago.

In that time I have made several additions, Datatag, Cyclone alarm, Twin high power horns, mini indicators, K and N panel, Dynojet kit, Ignition advancer, Goodridge front and rear, EBC hh front and rear, Stainless torque arm, Stainless bar ends, stainless fixings everywhere, Scottoiler, MRA spoiler screen, Little Ben clock, Corbin, Remus Carbon and Titanium end cans, Carbon front mudguard, Carbon hugger, fender extender, carbon tank cover, Baglux, Jack up kit, Eastern Beaver ceramic H4 lead, PIAA bulb, clear headlight cover, Garmin Sat Nav and RAM mount, Diablo Stradas, RFOC stickers, the list goes on.

The bike had a handling problem when I first got it, it was the head bearings to blame, apart from that, it has been a fantastic bike and I cant see a time when we will ever part company.

Tony V

Re: Bike of the Month - December 2009 - Miff's RF900

Post by Tony V »

Very nice looking bike m8.

Can't blame you for wanting to spend the rest of your life with her :D (can she wash and cook too) :D
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
rf ro
Domino King

Post by rf ro »

well done m8 lovely bike and a credit to the breed :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
you can't make an omelette without breaking BREAKING eggs
hughie
The Geordie Destroyer

Post by hughie »

Nice looking bike mate..

I see your bike is fitted with the old style round wheels :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUGH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

U.S.S WARWICK HUNT
miff

Post by miff »

Thanks peeps for the comments. Hughie, I think I'll stick with the round wheels :D How you doin getting yours sorted?