Bike of the Month - suspend's RF900 - September 2010

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - suspend's RF900 - September 2010

Post by Drac »

How the RF900 looks with the new Tony Archer seat added

Way back in the days of Suzuki AP 50`s etc I got my first bike a bright orange Puch 3 speed thing,
it served me well until I saved and got a Yamaha RS125 which was duly crashed under a van after
he signalled left only to turn right, no injuries to me and my father sorted the extraction of money
from the driver to pay for bike repairs.

How the RF looked when I got it

I then had various bikes from a mint Honda 400 four to CX 500`s and more 400 fours as well as
Honda CD 175, Suzuki GSX 250, Suzuki GT185 and not forgetting the Honda C70-90 and a
Suzuki FZ 50.

Then about 5 years ago I thought it was about time to have something else on the bike front as I
had been riding my father in laws Honda 100 scooter, which had been given to me, so I went and
bought a Yamaha 600N which was ok but a bit boring.

So I added belly pan etc, but a few months later a mate sold me his Yamaha FZR600 which was a lot
faster and more throwable into corners so the 600N went on ebay.

After a while, I got bored of it and found a Honda VFR 750, just 10 minutes away from my house!
This was duly bought and the FZR600 went on ebay and I managed to double my money much to
the dismay of the mate I bought it from (sorry gaz).

On most of my recent bikes, I have changed the pipes to stainless set ups including the VFR, which
then came out on the left hand side, which meant you could see all of the rear wheel due to the
single sided swinging arm.

In January this year I got on the VFR, waited on a drop curb two houses away from mine, and as a
car went by I pulled away changed into 2nd gear (about 15mph) and the next thing I knew I was
flying and the bike was doing the same. It bounced along the road behind me with bits breaking off.

After I stopped on the road, I was hurting like hell due to head butting the tarmac, I saw two of my
kids running up the road past my smashed bike and the look on their faces will live with me for ever.

All I could say was "and now you know why I wear all the f***ing gear".

Bike was picked up with help from a mate, who lives opposite, and then the phone call to insurance,
who I must say where very good, (Aviva)

Bike was collected two days later on the Friday and on the following Monday I received a phone call
to say that it has been classed as a right off (£2k damage) and offered me £1500 which was good
as I had paid £1000 for it.

Left with £1250 after excess taken and I was paid out the same week it was written off.

So, with cash in hand, I went and bought the RF 900 for £1200 from Paul and since then have been
buying bits and pieces for it.

I love the bike to bits, pulls like a train its in the best olour….RED lol, with red frame.

I did the Wooton Bassett run on it with some good mates.

The seat has had the Tony Archer refurbishment so should be better for me.

I hope I can keep this one up the right way as I do like the bike very much but it does seem very
heavy or is it me getting old ?

all the best

Suspend
shandy

Re: Bike of the Month - suspend's RF900 - September 2010

Post by shandy »

Loving the underneath of the bike! Is that an undertray?
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

Nice bike m8, and in the perfect colour scheme. :-bd (it looks remarkably like mine with the new seat \m/ )
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
suspend

Post by suspend »

shandy wrote:Loving the underneath of the bike! Is that an undertray?
yes m8 it is made local to me and on ebay most of the time and its fibreglass also now doing a nice hugger {not the 1 in the pic as i have onl just fitted new 1}
suspend

Post by suspend »

Tony V wrote:Nice bike m8, and in the perfect colour scheme. :-bd (it looks remarkably like mine with the new seat \m/ )
doe sthat make us twins then lol
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

suspend wrote:
Tony V wrote:Nice bike m8, and in the perfect colour scheme. :-bd (it looks remarkably like mine with the new seat \m/ )
doe sthat make us twins then lol

Guess so m8, although you are the evil one :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
hughie
The Geordie Destroyer

Post by hughie »

Very nice bike mate, LOVE the seat and the END CAN :) :) :)
HUGH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

U.S.S WARWICK HUNT
Royster

Post by Royster »

Nice Bike

o the days of GT185 - mine was a t reg, My first bike, i thought i was the business on it 80mph no probs
Bet you had 'allspeeds' spannies (or maybe micron).

Royster
suspend

Post by suspend »

Royster wrote:Nice Bike

o the days of GT185 - mine was a t reg, My first bike, i thought i was the business on it 80mph no probs
Bet you had 'allspeeds' spannies (or maybe micron).

Royster

nope it was totaly standard