Bike of the Month - March 2009 - NOVOCAINE’S RF600

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - March 2009 - NOVOCAINE’S RF600

Post by Drac »

BIKE OF THE MONTH – MARCH 2009 – NOVOCAINE’S RF600

Mods

Body - Black infill panels - black rear centre section - Small arrow indicators - Chopped undertray - Number board (the white bit round the headlight) - Tinted double bubble screen

Chassis - Raised rear end 40 mm - Dropped front end 20mm

Brakes - Wavy front discs - HH pads front and rear - Braided hoses front and rear suspension - Altered fork oil weight - Progressive springs

Engine - Stage 2 tuning (air filter, jets, needles) - Micron BSAU stamped carbon can - Polished and ported head - Advanced timing

Think that’s all of it

Got the bike 2 years ago and finally put right all the work from the previous owner this year when I changed the chain and sprockets (the front had never been changed). The bike has 38000 on the clock so she has her niggles but is still a great bike to ride.

I’ve dropped it 3 times now all of them in the usual stupid way. Once in the back yard, in which I scratched the front (hence the number board)
Once in the alley way when I started it turned to lock the gate and it fell over cracking the infill panels (hence the black infill panels). Once just before Christmas as I was pushing it home from the carbs freezing to the point it wouldn’t start (now sorted as the carb heater wasn’t working), so now I need to repaint the infill panels again.

I love ridding this bike although it’s a bit twitchy in the wet for obvious reasons I have spent the last few months getting the correct suspension set-up for the wet and am now getting somewhere near only to see summer coming along and it drying up. Lucky for me I spent last summer setting it for summer and have all the specs written on the shed wall.

The modifications that have been done make this bike a very real contender to anything on the road and most equivalent modern sports bikes get blown into the weeds when I ride it quickly which doesn’t happen to often.

This coming year will see a re-spray to tidy it up again and an under tray / seat hump. I plan on recovering the seat as it’s starting to tear but want to use the same fabric as that of the Suzuki SV so if anyone has a lead let me know.
I will also be fitting new carbs checking the valve shims and replacing the valve stem seals. I will give the whole brake system an overhaul with new seals and maybe pistons and giving the bike the usual service.

In short I love this bike.