Bike of the Month - rodge's RF600 - March 2011

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - rodge's RF600 - March 2011

Post by Drac »

Like many others, I stumbled upon my RF accidentally. And here is how it happened.

I passed my test around October 2009 and went on eBay that night looking for a bike. I found a Suzuki GSXF600 that was less than
5 miles away and had been listed not 20 minutes ago.

Didn’t really know what I was looking for so I clicked ‘buy it now’ and there is was, I had bought a G reg GSXF with a full MOT and
46k on it for £495.00.

On the first day of riding it to work I filled it up with GoGo juice and parked it up at work. When I returned, the contents of the tank
were on the floor around the bike.

I quickly decided I did not want to keep it and so I put it on Swapz.co.uk and after about a week of stupid offers, I was contacted
by a man in Newcastle who offered me his XJ600 diversion in exchange for mine.

I went to his house and did a straight swap with him. Now I owned a P reg Yamaha XJ600 with 23k on the clock.

This bike was nice, but it was too upright and very quiet. Great for commuting, but not so great on the weekend.

After a few months, I found myself putting the XJ on swapz.co.uk. Again there were stupid offers, but after a few weeks I got an
e-mail offering me a Red RF600. I still did not know much about bikes, but wanted rid of the XJ so I agreed to meet the owner
half way between our houses. I met him just outside of Bolton and we agreed to follow each other to see what each others bikes were like.

My only memory from this was that back light! We had a quick lap of a car park on each others bikes and that was that, deal done and I
left him with my XJ and went home on my RF 600.

WOW, what a bike. And it only had 12k on the clock with all MOT’s to prove.

It grew and grew on me and became the first bike that I have enjoyed owning.

Want YOUR bike to be bike of the month? Contact Drac
shandy

Re: Bike of the Month - rodge's RF600 - March 2011

Post by shandy »

Great colour!! :cheers: :cheers:
really like the black infills against the red. they really stand out. nice one!
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

Nice one rodge, I love that colour, is it fast :ymdevil: It looks in great nick too, with very low mileage. The other bikes didn't stand a chance really did they? \m/

I could swear I have seen that bike on here before :-? Who else has a red bike with the black infills?
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
bigtom

Post by bigtom »

nice bike mate, now you just need to paint the rest of it like the infills to get 10 more bhp =)) =)) =)) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :-bd :-bd :-bd
Bradlad

Post by Bradlad »

Lovely bike, excellent nick too m8 :-bd
Helping 1 person wont change the world,however it will change the world for that one person

madsod
Cop Magnet

Post by madsod »

yet another man in love with his RF , very nice bike
I have two RF 900 my green one and the orange bike that i built from bit's i now call it Wotsits , my other ride is a gsxr 1000 k3 , Suzuki make's bikes most others don't
yorkshirepuddin

Post by yorkshirepuddin »

Lovely looking ride there m8.

my old 600 was red bike with black side panels with red infills !!
Tankslapper

Post by Tankslapper »

What a great swap , looks real nice and tidy 8-)
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

Tony V wrote:Nice one rodge, I love that colour, is it fast :ymdevil: It looks in great nick too, with very low mileage. The other bikes didn't stand a chance really did they? \m/

I could swear I have seen that bike on here before :-? Who else has a red bike with the black infills?

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Now I know where i've seen one like it, look at the first bike on the RFOC Banner Lol
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Tony V wrote:
Tony V wrote:Nice one rodge, I love that colour, is it fast :ymdevil: It looks in great nick too, with very low mileage. The other bikes didn't stand a chance really did they? \m/

Now I know where i've seen one like it, look at the first bike on the RFOC Banner Lol
But the one in the banner is a 900!!!!!!

Bloody hell, i suprise myself with my knowledge of RF's now 8-}

Nice bike Rodge, but I can never own a red bike or car, it comes from being an Evertonian .... :-?
cling on

Post by cling on »

Nice one Rog. Souns like a good swap there! :thumright:
MAPDNX

Post by MAPDNX »

:ymhug:
I regret sellin the RF400, but i did get a Thundercat and too be honest I not really given it chance to prove its self....

But I wish the garage was big enough to house the RF and Thundercat.

Thundercat Much more power and Speeeed

RF400 well :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: Lovely thing to ride and very simular to the Thundercat in ridin day to day...

I have often wondered if the #####super sport /
Tourer was the rite bike for me and not a more uprite bike like you had before but afer my mate had a Slinsgshot 750 I know i wont EVER bother with a true Sport bike !!!!

Thats a nice bike you got there , and dont bother playin abouut with the infills lol it wont make in any faster....

But i dont care for the red passenger seat much !!! it looks better covered in
black.

Thats my 2p worth anyway enjoy am sure you will :)
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

Wilko wrote:
Tony V wrote:

Nice bike Rodge, but I can never own a red bike or car, it comes from being an Evertonian .... :-?
I only meant that I had seen one like it with black infills somewhere and it had been staring me in the face for over a year Lol
rodge

Post by rodge »

Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't realise this was up on the forum yet!

This bike really is the first one I have owned and not ever thought about selling. Some may find it sad, but I really do love owning this bike. Its comfortable, fast and reliable. What more can you ask for.

Dave,
Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Tony V wrote:

Nice bike Rodge, but I can never own a red bike or car, it comes from being an Evertonian .... :-?[/quote]

I only meant that I had seen one like it with black infills somewhere and it had been staring me in the face for over a year Lol[/quote]

I know that, i was jsut trying to show off that i could tell a 900 in a picture, thats a big thing for me you know ..... lol
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

Fair cop Wilko, good spot for a Blue Nose :ymapplause: =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Tony V wrote:Fair cop Wilko, good spot for a Blue Nose :ymapplause: =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
noting to do with being a blue nose, although we are better than red noses ...... :))